How can an AI detect Diabetes in People?
As medical technology advances, Artificial Intelligence (AI) has opened the door to advances in diagnosing diseases. Now AI can help in detecting especially those diseases that are unseen or difficult to detect. In the case of diabetes, AI has enabled quick, accurate detection of the illness in just 10 seconds using voice recording.
How does AI work in Detecting diabetes?
AI-based systems are designed to recognize subtle patterns in speech and detect anomalies or variations that are indicative of diabetes. Through audio recordings, these systems can detect telltale signs of early diabetes Those early signs of Diabetes includes such as a higher-than-normal pitch or changes in the volume of the voice.
How does the Pitch of a Diabetic person change?
The algorithms used to detect diabetes in this manner are based on decades of research and studies. This research has shown that changes in vocal pitch are an early indicator of diabetes. The person with diabetic signs shows that a user’s voice can become drier and slower if diabetes is present. Changes in speech such as these can be picked up by AI-based systems. It is used to detect diabetes in a fraction of the time it would take a doctor to make the same diagnosis.
What are the Advantages of using an AI?
- AI can detect diabetes quickly and accurately.
- It is also providing a patient with an opportunity to receive treatment earlier in the course of the disease.
- AI-based systems are inexpensive to implement, and they have a smaller environmental and ethical footprint than traditional medical methods of detection.
- AI-based detection systems may eventually revolutionize how diabetes is diagnosed and treated.
- These systems are capable of detecting the illness in 10 seconds or less.
- They are also cheaper to implement and their accuracy is difficult to match.
- AI is proving to be a game-changer in the detection of diabetes.
- It is a technology that should be further explored in the medical world.
How accurate is the detection of an AI?
The AI detects type 2 diabetes. In type 2 Diabetes the individual has some subtle changes in their pitch and vocal intensity that are imperceptible to the Ear. The accuracy of AI in detecting type 2 diabetes is different in men and women. The accuracy in men is 86%. The accuracy in omen is 89%.